Light Equipment Operator (Chicago Grade Landfill)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Insures proper handling of material;
- Monitors and documents downtime;
- Insures safety around work areas;
- Performs routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment such as lubricating, fueling and cleaning;
- Operates loader or backhoe to move material to designated area;
- Keeps surrounding work areas clean;
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GEDpreferred.
- Experience: One (1) year of previous experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Other Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and must have clean driving record;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Legally able to work in the United States;
- Ability to perform physical requirement of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check, which includes previous employment, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (i.e. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (cuts, burns, toxic chemical exposure) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day.
Send resume to [email protected]